welcome to philosophy of yum!
fresh, artisan home baked goods
for fridays & saturdays
WHAT MAKES POY SO DIFFERENT?
- POY OFFERS A FLAVOUR EXPERIENCE, NOT A SHOT OF SUGAR. I invest all my energy in achieving an ideal balance of flavour in my bakes.
- Seasonal ingredients focussed baking and die-hard commitment to MAX QUALITY small batch baking.
- I don’t ever, for any reason, use buttercream or fondant (because it has no flavour). POY FROSTING CONTAINS A STAGGERING 75% LESS SUGAR (AND 75% MORE FLAVOUR) THAN TRADITIONAL BUTTERCREAM!!
- Everything involved in my baking is there for a reason – to contribute to the best flavour possible. POY bakes are honest, fresh and utterly YUMMY!
- I only use free range eggs from Back Area Gardens. POY is not skimpy, but uses quality ingredients generously.
- YOU GET NOTHING BUT 100% FRESHNESS FROM ME, BAKED WITHIN 20 HOURS BEFORE YOU COLLECT. I NEVER, EVER, EVER FREEZE MY BAKES.
what is an artisan home bakery?
And how does it benefit you?
Refers to a skilled trade, especially one that involves making things by hand.
In context of food it means making goods in a traditional way using high-quality ingredients.
HOME /həʊm/ BAKERY ˈbeɪk(ə)ri/:
Means that I bake everything by hand, in my own home’s kitchen with care and love –
exactly like your Mom, Gran or super amazing Sister.
THE RICH BENEFITS FOR YOU:
Artisan Home Baking is the perfect approach for creating bakes with
EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY & FLAVOUR like you’ve never had before
because bakes are made by hand, with total devotion & focus to produce
the freshest, max quality bakes that result in an unparralelled “yum-high” for you.
WHY I BAKE THIS WAY
An obsession with FLAVOUR drives me.
I believe cake has to be INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS
and not just pretty…
I’ve had one too many dry cupcakes with nauseating pink icing.
It has been scientifically proven that
TASTE CREATES MORE AMPLIFIED EXPERIENCES
& MEMORIES THAN SIGHT.
For this reason my philosophy is yumminess.
I love the value and simplicity behind being a professional home baker.
Keeping it small will enable me to maintain Philosophy of Yum’s
originality, flavour and above all – quality.
WHAT I DON’T BAKE
I DO NOT BAKE FONDANT/NOVELTY CAKES because fondant tastes awful.
I unfortunately do not bake bespoke cakes, but only the cakes as listed on my website.
These are cakes I’ve bakes literally 1000’s of times, so they are truly ON POINT.
I can guarantee a flavour experience like you’ve NEVER had before.
how to become a
vip / vvip
My clients are very special to me and I absolutely love baking for them! I also love to spoil them 😉
There is only an opportunity to qualify as a VIP / VVIP twice a year – End of July and End of December.
Clients that have ordered once in 6 months, qualify for my VIP list.
Clients that order 3 times or more in those 6 months, qualify for my VVIP list.
I love giving away free cake, but I also like to get some entertainment out of it 😉
Usually you have to send me a facebook message with an answer or tell me a joke or something…
But if you are on my VIP list, you receive an automatic Free entry into my 2 giveaways every year!
My VVIP’s are very special to me, so here’s a list of everything they get:
- Free, automatic entry into my 2 giveaways every year.
- 50% off one cake every year.
- A free recipe e-book with 3 of my best selling recipes:
Ultimate Chocolate Cake, Carrot Cake and Lemon Meringue Tartlets.
- The opportunity to purchase my merchandise (which is still being designed and manufactured)
Aurelia’s style, commitment to true form, and dedication to perfecting the classic bake is truly inspiring.
My loyalty to Philosophy of Yum is unwavering. Saa-rah Adams