How to Raise Prices in Your Home Bakery

How to Raise Prices in Your Home Bakery

How to Raise Prices in Your Home Bakery

Have you been thinking about raising the prices of your delicious home baked goods?

Maybe you’re here because you’ve been struggling to turn a profit in your home baking business.

You’re working SUPER hard and you’re baking practically every day of the week.

You say no to 9/10 social gatherings because you always have baking that needs to get done.

You’re up early every morning and working late every other night.

While your family is barbequing outside, you’re in the kitchen baking orders for tomorrow.

Then you look at your financials at the end of the month and see that you’re STILL earning small change. Despite all that effort and sacrifice! 😒 How is this possible?! 

My friend, I know exactly how you feel because I’ve been there.

If your Home Bakery has enough clients and orders to keep you this busy in your baking, that’s awesome! Congrats to you!

But for a business to succeed and be PROFITABLE, you’re going to need more than just heaps of orders.

You’re going to need each order to be as profitable as it can be (within reason).

 

“Why Should I Raise My Prices When Clients Prefer Cheap Products?”

Be very careful how you think about pricing and customers. If it were true that all clients prefer cheap products, then companies with super expensive products (like Ferrari, Prada and Rolex) wouldn’t exist.

Truth is that all clients are NOT the same! They don’t all want the same things.

Don’t fall for the assumption your mind is making. All clients don’t prefer cheap products with cheap quality. There are thousands upon thousands of people out there who will gladly pay good money for superior products like yours.

RELATED: 6 Steps to Pricing Your Home Baking With Confidence

Have you been struggling to turn a profit in your home baking business? You’re working super hard, saying no to most social events and you’re baking practically every day of the week! Then you look at your financials at the end of the month and see that your home bakery is STILL earning small change! My friend, I know exactly how you feel because I’ve been there. You need to RAISE your home bakery's prices! Here's how to do it... #homebaking #baking #cakepricing #homebakery #bakingbusiness

 

“Isn’t it Greedy to Charge Higher Prices?”

In short, not at all. Just like plants need water to survive, businesses need money to survive.

If you want to bake as a hobby, that’s fine. But if you want to turn your baking into a business that actually gets you a salary every month, you need to charge properly.

Charging your clients decent prices is not about being “obsessed with money” or “greedy” or “milking clients” for crazy profits.

It’s just a basic fact of business. Businesses need to make money or else they die. It’s just that simple.

 

The Hamster Wheel that Doesn’t Get Your Home Bakery More Profit

Deep down we KNOW our baking business needs to make more money so we try to fix this. But we try to fix it the wrong way!

1. We so easily assume that our businesses aren’t growing because we “need more Instagram followers” for example. But it’s 100% possible to have a huge Instagram following and still not make enough money to even bake part-time!

In fact I know bakers with a following of like twenty thousand people but they are not making enough money from their baking business to do it full-time. “Popularity doesn’t pay the bills.” Jasmine Star

2. Another super popular misconception most home bakers have is that they just need MORE clients and MORE orders for their business to do well. And they think the way to achieve that is MORE advertising – resonate with this one?

But it’s a flawed and dangerous approach.

Even if you advertise and market your business and bring in more clients, your business will STILL struggle.

It doesn’t help if you have a heap of clients but you still undercharge ALL of them. That’s not a recipe for success, that’s just a recipe for burn-out.

The answer to your problems of burn-out and lack of profit isn’t getting more and more clients.

Here’s a metaphor to explain my point better…

Let’s say your success is this water tank on the right. When it’s full you’ve reached your profit goals. But YOU have to fill your success tank with water from this river on the left – which represents your potential clients & profit. The only tool you can use is a water bucket to carry profit from the river to the tank.

How to raise your home bakery's prices

When you’re undercharging your clients it’s like your water bucket has a hole in the bottom. So no matter how hard you try, loads and loads of water won’t make it to your profit tank.

And now you’ve got 2 options:

1. Run faster and faster from the river to the tank and scoop larger and larger amounts of water that you can barely carry.

OR option 2 which is to…

2. Plug the hole in your bucket!

Which option do you think is more logical? Which option is more sustainable? 

It’s to plug the hole in your bucket, right?

In the exact same way the answer to your combination of burn-out and low profit won’t be solved by working faster and scooping up more clients.

The solution to home bakery burn-out lies in charging enough for the clients that you DO have right now so that all the water you carry and all the work you do goes into your success tank and contributes to your profit & success.

Does this make sense?

 

The REAL Reason You Feel Guilty to Charge Full Price

Now we get to plugging the hole in your bucket!

Here’s a REAL life story about undercharging. The story is about my friend’s mother – let’s call her Gwen. Gwen has a catering business. She’s had this business for decades now – she’s been selling her food for about twenty years and she’s a fantastic cook. 

Her food is absolutely incredible.

She takes so much care in what she does.

She deals with people extremely well, she cares about her clients.

It’s like all the boxes are ticked but here’s the thing… Her business is barely surviving and has been barely surviving for the last twenty years. She has a great product and heaps of clients so those aren’t the reasons why her business is struggling. 

The real problem is that she always undercharges.

My friend had a conversation with her mother a while back about all the discounts she gives. And as I was listening, something suddenly clicked for me about undercharging.

Gwen told her directly that she doesn’t want to charge people a lot of money. If they just tell her that her food was delicious and that they enjoyed it then that’s MORE than enough for her!

Can you relate to that? If people just tell you “Thank you so much! This cake just made my day. I appreciate it so much. It’s made my birthday spectacular. It’s the most delicious cake I’ve ever had.”

Does that positive of feedback help you to feel amazing about yourself as a person? Does it make you feel valued and treasured and like you matter?

You’re not alone! All of us feel so appreciated and valued when someone enjoys our baking. 

It’s a good thing that people appreciate your bakes. But it can turn into a problem. Let me explain why.

What if I told you that people are actually already paying you full price for your bakes but you might not necessarily be aware of it?

When you keep undercharging clients over and over again it’s because: 

Whatever people don’t pay you in money, or whatever you don’t charge them in money, you’re subconsciously expecting them to pay in validation.

That’s the truth bomb of today. I hope you understand what I’m saying here. 

Here’s an illustration to help you understand.

how to charge higher prices for your home baking

The top level is full price. Now you charge them less which is the marked level further down.

If you charge them less you think you’re making a financial choice, but the reality is that you’re subconsciously expecting them to make up this difference in validation – so that you’ll feel okay about yourself and about your business. 

I know this because I did this myself for YEARS without knowing it!

We basically charge our clients less so that they can pay us in validation to make us feel worthy. We undercharge so our clients make us feel valued, to make us feel like we are enough. 

It’s really scary, I know, but it’s the truth and you need to know this otherwise you’ll be under-charging for your baking for the rest of your life. 

But I also want you to know that it’s not your fault that you feel this way. It’s not your fault that you’re doing this. It’s incredibly normal and I did this too.

 

How to Charge Higher Prices: Step-by-Step

1. Spell out for yourself what makes you valuable as a human being.

It’s not your work (because babies are valuable even though they do zero work). It’s not people’s praise (because people are biased, flawed and lie regularly). It took me a long time to see it, but eventually God helped me realize that I’m valuable because HE loves me. Not because a client loves me.

Really take time to think about what it is that makes you valuable as a person. Once you establish this, you’ll feel way more liberty to charge the prices you’re supposed to.

2. Download the Pricing Calculator that calculates your recommended selling prices FOR you!

No need to do complicated math! You can download the Pricing Calculator in the Free Resource Library >> click here to join the Library. If you’ve already joined the library, then go to the last email I sent you and click the blue link to the Library right at the bottom of my email.

3. Watch the instructional video to learn how to use the Pricing Calculator. Then calculate your selling prices of your baked goods.

4. Update your prices! Simple as that! If the price increase is quite drastic, then you can increase your prices halfway now and the rest of the way 3 months from now.

 

“What if I Feel the Recommended Selling Price is too High?”

The most important thing you need to know about home bakery pricing is that it’s not about your feelings! I know this sounds harsh, but let me explain.

Pricing is a mathematical, LOGICAL thing. If you build a business according to your feelings, you won’t make sound business decisions.

Logically, you need to charge the prices the Pricing Calculator recommends if you have any hope of CARRYING ON with your Home Bakery. I know it’s hard! But I’ve come to understand that a successful business is built on logical decisions, not emotional ones.

If you keep undercharging and giving discounts because of your feelings, you’ll burn out OR your business will.

Frustrated that you're baking 24/7 and still not earning enough money in your home bakery? I know exactly how you feel! The solution is to raise your prices. I know you might feel too guilty or awkward to charge higher prices for your baking, so let me show you how to raise your prices step-by-step! Click through to learn how... #baking #homebaking #cakepricing #homebakery #bakingbusiness

 

What if a Client Complains About Your Prices?

If a client complains about your prices, then they are simply NOT your ideal client.

Truth is there will absolutely be clients who aren’t a good fit for your home bakery – and that’s ok! You don’t need everyone to like your business in order to be successful!

Handmade, homemade baked goods are luxury items and extremely valuable. Clients get something that’s made FRESH, just for them with top quality ingredients. It’s not a week old and with cheap ingredients like in the grocery store! 

Even though there’s a huge market for this HIGH QUALITY type of home baking, it’s not for everyone – especially not “budget clients”. I’m sure you’ve encountered budget clients before!

If someone complains about your prices, you can politely refer them to the cheap, semi-stale stuff you find in the grocery store’s baking section.

How you determine your prices is none of your client’s business.

Do these clients do the same thing when they go to restaurants?… “Excuse me KFC cashier, but that cook of yours back there has a trainee badge and is new to the cooking scene. So, I’m only going to pay half for my order.”

No! It’s not even an option at ANY restaurant.

YOUR PRICES ARE YOUR PRICES. It’s not your job to “convince” clients that your prices are fair. Don’t take the bait! If they doubt your prices or complain, politely refer them to the grocery store’s baking section.

You can use this script:

“Hi NAME 🙂 I would have loved to bake for you, but unfortunately my prices are my prices. Every item is handmade with high quality ingredients and care. These things are very important in my business and cost a lot to keep going. If you’d like something more affordable, I highly recommend [local commercial bakery/grocery store]. I hope your event is wonderful! Best regards.”

 

A Bonus Tip on “Budget-Clients”

On this note, be careful not to market your baking as “for everyone and every occasion” because then you WILL attract budget clients who complain and ask for discounts!

Instead, focus on the fact that your bakes are a full on luxury, HIGH QUALITY, gourmet experience.

RELATED: 4 Essential Tips for Marketing Your Home Bakery Business

 

Closing Thoughts on Raising Your Home Bakery Prices

I know first-hand how scary it is to raise your prices! I get it.

But your business NEEDS you to raise your prices. Because if you don’t, it won’t survive.

Clients that aren’t willing to pay more for your high quality, homemade baked goods, probably weren’t your ideal clients in the first place!

But take heart because there are PLENTY more clients for you out there!

 

If you enjoyed this post you’ll also enjoy these other 3 posts:

👉 6 Steps to Pricing Your Home Baked Goods with Confidence
👉 How to Deal With Difficult or Dissatisfied Home Bakery Clients
👉 Home Baked Confidence Course: Find your unique baker-confidence and earn more profit with less stress!

 

Chat soon!

Aurelia 🙂

Got a question? Something to add? Let’s chat in the comments section down below! (I respond to every single comment) 🙂

How to Start a Home Bakery Business – The Ultimate Guide!

How to Start a Home Bakery Business – The Ultimate Guide!

How to Start a Home Bakery Business – The Ultimate Guide!

Welcome to the Ultimate Guide on how to start your own Home Bakery Business!

If baking delicious treats (not cake decorating) has captured your heart and you want to sell your yummy baking for profit, you’re totally in the right place 😊

This information comes from first-hand experience in 6+ years of full-time home baking.

There wasn’t a guide like this available when I first started my Home Bakery and it was tremendously frustrating to figure everything out on my own.

But I’ve put together this super thorough guide so that YOU DON’T NEED TO FIGURE EVERYTHING OUT ON YOUR OWN. In this post you’ll essentially get my roadmap for creating a side-hustle, part-time or full-time Home Bakery Business.

Because, let’s face it; many people talk about how to START a Home Bakery. But no one really talks about how to make it you FULL-TIME career.

I’ll show you exactly how this process works, starting from zero all the way up to full time home baking.

You’ll learn the 3 different phases of a Home Bakery and what you can do in each different phase to start or grow your own Home Bakery business.

RELATED: When are you READY to Start a Home Bakery?

If we haven’t met yet; hi! I’m Aurelia Lambrechts. I’ve been a full-time home baker in Cape Town, South Africa for 6+ years. Now it’s my mission to help flavour-obsessed home bakers like you to get the confidence and business skills they need so that they can share their baking gifts with the world for a living.

If you want to become a confident & successful Home Bakery Business owner, I’m here to help you make it happen!

Before I get to the 3 Phases of Starting a full-time Home Bakery, here’s the most important thing you need know…

 

Understand that Building up a Home Bakery Business is a GRADUAL Process

There’s a HUGE misconception among Home Bakers today! They often seem to think; “I need to leave my day job TODAY so I can start my home bakery TOMORROW!”

This misconception leads to 2 different responses which are both wrong.

A] You’ll be filled with dread and fear. You might be wondering: “HOW am I going to do this? What’s going to happen to my finances? How’s my family going to survive?!

B] Then on the other hand, you get people who react in ignorance and blind optimism. In which case you might be thinking: “Yes! Let’s do this! I am going to make heaps of money in no time. My baking is delicious, I just need some quick sales-tips and tricks. Two weeks from now, I’m going to have a full-time bakery!”

This is NOT how a Home Bakery works. If anyone has been telling you a Home Bakery will make you rich in a few weeks, they’re totally lying.

You absolutely CAN make a good living from Home Baking, but it doesn’t happen in a few weeks.

But know right now that you don’t need to be filled with fear as in point A above. And you also need to understand that a full-time Home Bakery isn’t an “overnight success path” as in point B.

NEITHER ONE OF THESE RESPONSES ARE RIGHT.

You don't need to have it "all figured out" before you can start selling your baked goods. Here's the ULTIMATE GUIDE for how to start a Baking Business from home - with what you DO have! You'll also get all the insider info you need to then grow your baking into a successful, full-time business! This super thorough guide will show you how to make delicious home baking your FULL-TIME career... #baking #homebaking #homebakery #bakingbusiness #cakebusiness

Here’s the TRUTH you need to know about starting a Home Bakery Business:

  1. First of all, the journey to a full-time home bakery is very SAFE. You’re not going to be putting your family at risk. The journey to a successful business isn’t reckless or spontaneous.
  2. Home bakery success does not happen by accident. It’s planned. It’s very strategic. You apply specific strategies to get results and reach success. You don’t just bake delicious things, “hope for the best” and then it works out. That’s not how it works.
  3. The journey to a full-time home bakery is very GRADUAL. You’ll never be diving into the deep end and suddenly have to make things work, and if you make one mistake then it’s all over. Gosh, no! That’s way too much pressure and certainly no way to build a successful business.

This process can and should be sustainable. You can start and grow your baking business extremely gradually. You can even stretch out the process from starting your home bakery to baking full time over a year (or more) if you want to.

Because the beauty of a Home Bakery is that YOU are your own boss! This means YOU can control the pace at which you grow.

That’s why a Home Baking Business is such a fantastic business model. It’s ideal for moms. It’s ideal for wives and husbands. A Home Bakery is perfect for people who want to stay home and be there with their kids.

All because it’s a gradual and safe process that you can plan around YOUR unique lifestyle and responsibilities.

I asked my Home Bakery Startup course students if they experienced the journey to full time home baking as a safe, planned and gradual process. Here’s what Angie Watts from Glow Bakery had to say.

I’ve also been in positions where I was sick, or my husband & family needed my help with something. And because I’m my own boss I could take a week off from work.

As Angie says, “you’re the driver of your business so you get to decide how fast or slow you go”.

That’s the reality of a home bakery business. It’s not overnight, all-of-a-sudden, “full time home baking in two weeks – here we go!”. That’s not how it works. Starting a Home Bakery Business is a very gradual, safe and planned process.

Growing a home bakery is very much like growing a plant from a seed. It starts very small but as you nurture it, it grows into something amazing.

You start with good soil in a flower pot and you plant a seed in it (phase 1). Then it grows to fill the pot (phase 2). And only then do you plant it into the large garden bed (phase 3). It’s a very nurtured, gradual process of growth that happens one step at a time.

 

Now that we’ve covered this super important point, you’re ready for the next part of this post…

The 3 DIFFERENT PHASES of starting a Home Bakery Business – from starting at zero, all the way up to full-time home baking.

In this post you’re essentially getting my secret Home Bakery Business Roadmap!

You can also join my Free Resource Library to get a clear, condensed illustration of this Roadmap (if you want to skip all the detail in this post).

ultimate guide start home bakery business download

PHASE 1: STARTING OUT (You’re just starting or you haven’t started yet)

HERE’S WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE:

You start by baking for the people you know. That’s how every single business starts.

You start by baking for friends, family and acquaintances for weekends. That’s how you start. This way you don’t have to leave your job before you can start! You start your Home Bakery as a Side-Hustle.

This is the way I started as well when I was still working in architecture. I would bake every Thursday night after work. I literally started by baking one batch of cupcakes.

Over time it gradually grew to about ninety items every Thursday & Friday night for clients. 180 items per weekend were my weekly limit when I still had a desk job.

During this Side-Hustle period you can start saving up the profit you’re making to use in the future for expenses.

You don’t need to have it “all figured out before” you can start your Home Bakery Business.

You can do this after hours one night per week to start with. That’s how a home bakery starts. You don’t necessarily need to rent a commercial kitchen space just yet. You can start very, very small with what you have.

SOME PRACTICAL TIPS:

A] You’ll need to get a certificate from the Health Department in order to bake legally at your Home. You can read this blog post to help you with that >> Home Bakery Certificates, Licenses and Insurance.

B] Filling out the free Home Bakery Business Plan workbook will help to give you clarity about your new business! In the workbook you’ll get lots of important questions you might not be thinking of yet. Join the free Resource Library to download the Business Plan Template.

C] You need to choose a great business name. This blog post can help you >> 5 Secrets for Creating a GREAT Home Bakery Business Name.

D] You’ll need to price your bakes correctly and I’ve got just the blog post to help you with that >> 6 Steps to Pricing Your Baked Goods with Confidence.

Are you in love with baking? Would you like to ditch your current job and start your own thriving baking business from home? This Roadmap is the Ultimate Guide to help you become a confident & successful Home Bakery Business owner! Click through to learn how to turn your passion for baking into profit... #baking #homebaking #bakingbusiness #homebakery #bakery

 

WHAT YOU NEED TO FOCUS ON TO GROW TO THE NEXT LEVEL:

  1. During this phase you really want to focus on getting your baked goods even more delicious. Improving the quality of your baking is very important in this first phase. Focus on improving your baking skills.

I’ve got 2 guides for you in the Free Resource Library to help you improve the quality your baking:

How to grow your baking skills for free” AND “5 Weekly Habits to become a Better Baker”.

Join the Free Resource Library to get these free guides today.

Stretch and challenge yourself to bake new things that you’ve always want to bake. Research recipes and baking techniques. Read a lot of blogs and watch YouTube videos about baking.

So, before you bake a cheesecake for example, don’t just get any recipe and dive in! The chances of a failed bake are HUGE if you don’t research!

Home bakers often ask me how I can afford to practice my baking. But the KEY here is that you don’t practice with ingredients. You practice with RESEARCH. That’s how you improve your baking without wasting ingredients and money.

Before I baked my first cheesecake, I watched every single video on YouTube about baking cheesecake so I didn’t risk having a flop and wasting expensive ingredients.

I read every single blog post and watched every single YouTube video I could find on baking cheesecake before I baked my first one. And as a result, the first cheesecake I made was already good enough to sell.

So, before you bake ANYTHING, research it as thoroughly as possible. That’s how you make your learning process economical.

 

  1. In this phase you can also START an Instagram account and a Facebook page. BUT (super important) don’t spend a lot of time on social media yet!!

I see this all the time with new home bakers. They think; “if I just create an Instagram account or a Facebook page then I’m suddenly going to get a lot of orders and then life is going to be perfect.”

That’s not how it works. Just posting baked goods on social media and hoping to get sales does NOT work.

Instagram and Facebook are great platforms but they are also platforms that need to be used STRATEGICALLY.

Later in your Home Bakery journey social media can be amazing for your business. But it’s not worth your time to spend all your time on Instagram and on Facebook when you’re just starting your Home Bakery.

Don’t focus on getting likes and feeling popular on social media during phase 1.

Rather focus on improving the quality of your baked goods. And also focus on the relationships that you’re building with the friends & family you’re selling your bakes to.

 

PHASE 2: PART-TIME BAKING

HERE’S WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE:

In this phase your client base has grown a lot since phase 1. Your weekend, side-hustle home bakery is fully booked. You started baking one batch of something for Fridays. Eventually it will become two batches, three batches, four batches until you’re fully booked for Fridays.

Then you’ll start baking for Saturdays as well.

SOME PRACTICAL TIPS:

A] While you’re still working full-time at your day job, don’t bake more than 2 evenings per week. If you do more, it’s going to start putting a lot of pressure on your family life. Baking every single night of the week after work is not sustainable. Two nights per week maximum, okay? Don’t put your family under unnecessary pressure and don’t wear yourself out.

B] In this phase it’s crucial that you price your baked goods properly. Because if you undercharge, you’re not going to make enough profit and you won’t be able to grow your business.

RELATED: 6 Steps to Pricing Your Baked Goods with Confidence.

C] If you want to scale your side-hustle home bakery to a legit part-time business, you’ll need to DEFINE A NICHE. This means you specialize in solving a specific problem for clients. If you “bake anything for any occasion” you’ll get lost in the crowd. Defining a niche for your Home Bakery is the ONLY way to stand out!

Lucky for you there’s a guide in the Free Resource Library called “How to Find the Perfect Niche for Your Home Bakery“. Join the Free Resource Library now to get the free guide.

So, now that your weekends are fully booked, it’s time to grow.

 

WHAT YOU NEED TO FOCUS ON TO GROW TO THE NEXT LEVEL:

  1. The reality is, you can’t progress to a part-time home bakery AND have a full-time day job. That’s impossible. You’re going to burn out. Your family is going to suffer. You are going to suffer. It just doesn’t work.

In order to progress to a part-time Home Bakery, you’ll need to scale down your day job to a part time position.

It’s crucial that you don’t make this move too early!

Every weekend in your Home Bakery should be fully booked for at least two months and then you know that it’s safe to progress to a part-time Home Bakery.

Move over to a part time day job so that you free up more time for your baking. But note that this part-time day job won’t necessarily be in the same line of work you’re in right now.

You may need to compromise and take a part-time day job that isn’t necessarily your first choice. But remember that this change is a means to an end because you have a vision of your future and your home bakery that you are building.

In order to make that happen, you need to scale down to a part-time day job. So, that might mean reception work for someone or freelance work. Use whatever skills you have to get a part-time job.

You’re doing this so you still have stable income from a day job, but also have more time available to grow your home bakery. If you don’t make that space of time available, your home baking won’t be able to GROW to fill it up.

It’s like digging an extension to a dam in advance so that you can catch more rain in the future.

This change to a part-time job does come down to a bit of a leap of faith. You can’t have a full-time day job AND a full-time Home Bakery Business at the same time!

As you let go of your past reality you can start grabbing onto your future. You can’t hold onto your past and hold onto your future at the same time. You’ll to get torn to pieces!

So, at some point you need to start letting go of your current reality so that you can grab hold of the future success that you want.

Starting a Home Bakery Business doesn't have to be complicated or expensive. In this complete guide you'll learn what it REALLY takes to create a full time baking business from your home! If you want to turn your passion for delicious Home Baking into a full-time career, this is the post for you! Click through to get all the info you need to know... #baking #homebaking #cakebusiness #cupcakebusiness #homebusiness

  1. If you’ve scaled down to a part-time day job, you’ve now got more time for baking.

Now you can start looking out for a couple of wholesale clients. The benefits of wholesale clients are VAST! But the best one is probably that you only need ONE wholesale client in order to make HUNDREDS of sales.

From a marketing perspective; wholesale clients are so much less effort than direct clients! Because then sales no longer depend on YOUR effort.

With wholesale clients the sales depend on THEIR effort. They make profit from your bakes AND you’re just raking in more sales and profit from their effort. It’s awesome!

But you don’t have to bake for wholesale clients if you don’t want to.

Regardless, you always need to continue to grow your direct client base. Always focus on growing the relationships with your direct clients. Focus on giving them great products and great quality service.

And most importantly; connect with your direct clients as people.

Because remember, home baking is a very relational thing. It’s something that our mothers and grandmothers did for us. It’s a very family-orientated thing.

Relationships are so KEY to building a successful home bakery.

RELATED: 6 Easy Steps to Deal with Difficult/Dissatisfied Home Bakery Clients.

 

  1. The next thing you can focus on in phase 2 is to learn beginner marketing strategies and skills.

It’s vital for your success that you learn marketing skills and business skills.

Home bakers often ask me; “how do I get more clients and sales?” I understand WHY they ask this because who doesn’t want heaps of clients and sales?!

But if you take away ONLY ONE THING from this blog post, let it be this…

A Home Bakery isn’t as simple as just baking high quality things, getting a few “quick sales tips and tricks” and then everything works out. That’s not how a Home Bakery Business works.

A successful Home Bakery is planned. Success comes from strategy.

If you want to start a successful Home Bakery Business, you need to understand how clients THINK and WHY they buy things!

Let me give you a silly, but effective example. I was actually looking at my cat as she was busy drinking water.

She WANTS water. She knows she needs it. But if I pick her up and hold her close to the water and tell her; “Drink Kitty! Drink the water” She undoubtedly WILL scramble and run away – even though she wants that water.

Even though she’s thirsty she won’t bow to what I’m asking her to do. If I forcefully hold her there and ask her to drink the water, she’s going to just have the opposite reaction and run away.

And that’s what we often do with our clients. We bake something really tasty (that they actually do want) but we use terrible sales techniques that send them running away.

Here’s one example of these “terrible sales techniques” I’m speaking of: we just post something on Instagram and expect people to jump and order.

But asking people to buy your stuff without any kind of strategy or understanding is like forcefully holding them up to a bucket saying; “drink clients, drink!

And it doesn’t work.

Quick sales tips and tricks” aren’t going to give you a successful business. They might give you a few sales but they won’t give you a successful business. Do you understand the difference?

A few quick sales are not the same thing as a sustainably, consistently successful home bakery business. They are two different things.

So, it’s unavoidable; if you want to build a successful Home Bakery Business, you’re going to need to learn how to think like a business owner.

You’re going to need to grow as an entrepreneur. You’re going to need to learn marketing skills. And the great news is that anyone can learn these things! I honestly mean that!

RELATED: The 4 Essentials of Home Bakery Marketing.

Doctors need to learn all kinds of skills to practice medicine. Lawyers need to learn all kinds of skills to practice law. Chefs need to go through chef school to learn all kinds of skills to be a chef in a restaurant.

And in the same way, if you want to be a home bakery business owner, you need to learn business and marketing skills.

Be open to learning those things. If you just keep baking delicious things and hoping for the best, you’re constantly going to struggle to get clients.

You will get SOME sales based on talent and recipe quality alone. But you’ll struggle to build a CONSISTENTLY successful business that you can scale into a part-time or full-time one.

 

  1. During phase 2 you definitely need to create a website as well.

This is where you’re really going to start getting more sales.

I know it seems daunting to create a website for your Home Bakery, but it’s actually very simple! You can seriously create a website in one afternoon. It doesn’t have to be a big deal. It’s actually very simple and easy. Here’s a link for you to a Wix website tutorial.

Don’t put this off, okay? You need to create a website for your Home Bakery in phase 2. Simply because a website communicates to people that you take your business seriously.

If you don’t have a website, they’ll assume that you’re just baking as a hobby. If you just have an Instagram page and a Facebook page, they’ll assume that you’re just baking casually and that it isn’t necessarily a business.

But when you have a website, you’re telling people you take yourself AND their needs seriously.

With a website it’s also becomes possible for people to order online from you. People live online nowadays so you need to be online in order to reach them. That’s a simple fact of 21st century business.

 

  1. In phase 2 you also need to start paying more attention to your photography.

If baked goods don’t look delicious on a photo it’s tough for people to imagine themselves eating it. It’s tough for them to believe that it’s delicious if it doesn’t look delicious on the photo.

You can get some Photography tips for free on my Instagram “Photo Tips” story highlights 😊

I also teach a lot of photography tips in the Photography Essentials class which you get as a free bonus when you join the Side-Hustle Baker course.

Want to start a home baking business, but feel overwhelmed with where to start? In this Ultimate Guide to starting a Home Bakery Business, you'll get secret insights from a 6+ year full-time home bakery owner! Here's everything you need to know about starting a successful Home Bakery Business... #baking #homebaking #bakingbusiness #homebakery #bake

PHASE 3: FULL-TIME BAKING

HERE’S WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE:

You have a consistent income every week that you can depend on and now you can just make that income MORE.

At this point when you are fully booked as a part-time baker. You’ve maybe got 1 or 2 wholesale clients and/or a direct client base that keeps you busy.

You essentially have a part-time day job and a part-time Home Bakery Business.

Pay attention to when that part-time baking is filled up completely for at least three months. Then you can start to move on to a full-time baking job and leave your day job for an employer altogether.

This is a scary step. I get it. But, at the same time it’s exactly the same as in phase two where you have to let go of your current reality to start embracing your future success. It comes down to the same thing.

It’s still a very safe and gradual process as you can see. You don’t drop everything immediately to bake full time and suddenly make a full salary from your baking.

Starting a Home Bakery is gradual – but as with anything NEW, there are still small steps of faith involved.

But please note that you can save up for this phase if you’re scared your finances might suffer. If you’re worried that you won’t have enough money to make a full salary when you start baking full time, save up the money you make in phase 2 of part time baking.

 

WHAT YOU NEED TO FOCUS ON TO GROW TO THE NEXT LEVEL:

  1. The most important thing to focus on in phase 3 is giving your clients an AMAZING experience with you.

This is where you really need to understand what creates client loyalty.

Clients nowadays have a whole array of businesses to choose from. If you don’t know how to cultivate loyalty with your customers, they might move on to another baker.

That’s not the end of the world, you can always get more clients. But you need to understand how your clients think and what turns them into loyal customers, so research that online or in books.

In my signature course, Home Bakery Startup you get a free bonus course called “Client Loyalty Secrets”. Click here if you want to join the wait list for the Home Bakery Startup course.

 

  1. In phase 3 you really need to ace your marketing game.

You need to know about copywriting. Copywriting is just a fancy word for all the writing you do in your business. This includes the words that you use on your website, words in your e-mails, words you use on social media, etc.

As a business owner you need to understand how to get through to your clients.
You need to understand completely how they think.
You need to understand what makes them buy,
what attracts them to a business and
what puts them off.

All of that comes down to marketing.

Fortunately, marketing isn’t a skill you’re “born with” or not. Anyone can learn how to be great at marketing! This is what I teach in my online Home Bakery courses.

But there are also loads of books out there you can learn from. You don’t have to necessarily take an online course to learn these things. You can bootstrap and do it yourself.

RELATED: 7 Books every Home Bakery owner needs to read.

The advantage of my Home Bakery Business courses is that I have read through all of those books. I’ve applied those theories to my home bakery business and tested them.

I’ve learned in my eight years of home baking that a home bakery is a very unique type of business. So, that’s the advantage of doing of my courses; I give you the strategies that actually work so you don’t have to go through all of that trial and error yourself.

If you read books you CAN do it by yourself.

But it’ll probably take about 3-4 years of trial and error to refine the strategies you learn in books. It takes time before you actually figure out how to generate consistent income in your Home Bakery.

 

  1. You need to optimize your website to rank high on Google.

This is so important because you need a consistent stream of new clients coming into your business.

Consistent sales come down to two things:

A] Your current clients are loyal. They stick with you and buy from you over and over again.

B] You also have a steady stream of new clients coming in and Google is the best way to do that. Getting new clients from Google has revolutionized my business.

But you can’t just create a website and then hope that people find you on Google.

There are all kinds of specific strategies you need to use. They call it SEO which stands for “search engine optimisation.”

This just refers to the things that you do to make Google like you, so that they’ll recommend you to people when they search for bakers in your town/city.

You can do things with your website on the back-end and on Google so that when people search for baked goods in your area, you’re the first one to pop up. You can seriously do this without paying a cent for advertising!

And then when people click through to your website, you say exactly the right things to make them understand that you are the baker need.

Then they click and order from you. If you can get this right, you’ll never need to worry about getting new clients again.

RELATED: How to Promote Your Home Bakery Business & Get More Exposure.

 

  1. You need to build a strong brand.

Now, a brand is often a very elusive thing. People often think a brand is just your logo, colours, fonts, business cards, etc. (I used to think this too!)

But all that stuff is NOT your brand. Those things are PART of your brand, but it’s actually just branding DESIGN. It’s just one leg of your brand.

Yes, of course your branding design needs to be beautiful. You need to have a beautiful website, beautiful food photography that draws people in. All of that MATTERS.

But your brand is MORE than just the graphics of your Home Bakery Business.

Your brand is actually WHAT YOUR CLIENTS THINK & FEEL about your business. So, that goes WAY beyond a “pretty logo”.

A brand is about the message that your business is putting out there. It’s about what your home bakery stands for. It’s the vision that you have, the beliefs that you have, the principles that you have in your home bakery. These are the things that make up a strong brand.

And the words that you say (copywriting) are a massive part of this.

You need to have the right words on your website, e-mails, Facebook posts, etc.

You need to understand how to communicate effectively with your clients so that they know your baking is the solution to their problems.

Do you want to start to bake from home for a living? This is the Ultimate Guide on how to start a home bakery business and grow it into a part-time or full-time business you can depend on! No fluff, just solid business advice from a 6+ years full-time Home Bakery owner. Click through to get all the insider info! #baking #bake #homebaking #bakingbusiness #homebakery

Phew! Congrats for making it this far!

Let’s do a quick recap of what you’ve learned today.

# To start and grow a home bakery business is a safe and gradual process. You start small with one batch of bakes. Then you build your business up very gradually so you’re always getting an income. Your family will never be at risk. Your finances will never be at risk because you’re always getting an income.

# Note that you don’t need a flawless website and epic marketing before you can START selling your home baking! You only need to start learning about marketing & website building in phase 2.

# You can absolutely start selling now already. The beauty of a Home Bakery is that you can earn money from your baking while you learn business & marketing skills in the background.

# Good news is; anyone can learn marketing skills! You can do that though studying business & marketing books and testing out their strategies. Or you can join an online Home Bakery Business course to get proven Home Bakery Business marketing strategies.

 

Download the Home Bakery Business Roadmap

We covered quite a lot in this post so I’m sure it’ll feel a bit overwhelming!

To make your life a bit easier, I’ve created a short & sweet Roadmap for you to remind you of what you’ve learned today.

>> You can get the Home Bakery Business Roadmap for free when you join the Free Resource Library.

ultimate guide start home bakery business download

Thanks for reading! It was great to have you here.

If you’re confused about anything, let me know in the comments below. I love helping home bakers and see them just reach success faster. Let’s start and grow your home bakery business together!

Chat soon

Aurelia 🙂

Got a question? Something to add? Let’s chat in the comments section down below! (I respond to every single comment) 🙂

How to Know if You’re READY to Start a Home Bakery

How to Know if You’re READY to Start a Home Bakery

How to Know if You’re READY to Start a Home Bakery

Starting a Home Bakery Business has become a super attractive idea and topic over the last few years!

In this post I’m going to be brutally honest with you about the awesomeness AND the reality of starting a Home Bakery.

Here’s what going on; MANY families around the world have lost their jobs due to Covid-19…

If that’s happened to your family, I’m deeply sorry for the difficult time you’ve been going through.

Know right now that your story is not over yet! God loves you way too much to ever let anything happen to you without GREAT reason.

It might be a very difficult season for you now.

A Home Bakery Business can certainly help with the practical struggles you’re facing – like providing for your family. YES, it does work and it CAN help you and your family.

But I’m not promising that life’s going to be “perfect” a few years down the line. I’m not promising that a Home Bakery will “fix everything” for you.

This world we’re in places a LOT of emphasis on dreams and how fulfilling them will finally give you joy and contentment. Let me save you the suspense and tell you right now that no earthly thing has the power to do that.

No matter how shiny that dream is, it just won’t fulfill you. I’ve experienced this first-hand.

I believe and have seen that only Jesus Christ can fulfill you – because we were made by him and for him. If a car is made to function on diesel, no amount of petrol will EVER make it go.

Over time I’ve learned that if you’re not content WITHOUT your dreams being fulfilled, you won’t be content WITH them being fulfilled (email me if you want to chat about it).

If you expect a Home Bakery to fulfill you, it will become a HEAVY BURDEN instead of a delight. A new business struggles to grow well under such pressure.

A home bakery can absolutely be a wonderful thing! Truth be told, it’s certainly changed my life.

RELATED: How Starting a Home Bakery has Changed My Life

If you’ve been brain storming ideas of how to make an income with the baking skills you DO have, you’re totally in the right place!

And now I’m guessing you’re also here because you’re not sure if you’re truly READY to start a Home Bakery Business…

Are you wondering if you’re skilled enough? 
Prepared enough? 
What it’s going to take to build a successful home bakery? 
What are the first steps to start a baking business from home?

These are the type of questions I’m covering in this post.

Want to use your home baking to make an income for you & your family? Maybe you've been thinking about it for some time. But how can you know when you're truly READY to start a Home Bakery Business? Here's how to know if you're ready to it! #baking #homebaking #bakingbusiness #homebakery

 

I’m going give you all the specific checkpoints you need so you can judge for yourself if you are ready to start a home bakery business.

This blog post is here to give you more clarity – especially if you haven’t started a home bakery yet.

But even if you have started your business (that’s struggling to make profit) this post will help you tremendously! You may recognize some of these checkpoints that may have been holding you back.

Through this blog post you’ll understand how to overcome them so your business can start growing.

If we haven’t met yet; hi! I’m Aurelia Lambrechts. I’ve been a full-time home baker in Cape Town, South Africa for 6+ years.

Now it’s my mission to help flavor-obsessed home bakers to get the confidence and business skills they need so that they can confidently share their baking gifts with the world.

If you want to become a confident & successful Home Bakery Business owner, I’m here to help you make it happen!

Let’s get to it 😊

 

How NOT to Judge if You’re Ready

First, we need to go through some common misconceptions of how people judge their ready-ness to start a home bakery.

Here’s how NOT to judge your ready-ness.

1. “I need to have more baking experience and confidence in my knowledge before I am ready to start selling my baked goods to people.

I hear this all the time and I just want you to know that this is NOT a sign that you’re not ready.

When I started out, I literally baked one batch of cupcakes as an experiment just because I felt like some cake and it tasted great, and about a week or two later I was selling them.

That was the extent of my baking experience. Here’s a photo of how amateurish my bakes looked when I first started selling them.

Do your recipes & baked goods need to be "perfect" before you can start selling them? Actually, NO!! Not at all! Many home bakers assume they need to be a super experienced baker that develops their own recipes before they can start a Home Bakery. And it's a total LIE! Here's the truth about what it takes to start a Home Baking Business... #homebaker #baking #bakingbusiness #homebaking #homebakery

 

Sure, I baked a bit earlier in university and as a kid, but really just in the same way any normal girl bakes in her life. I didn’t have masses of baking experience or whatever.

Truth is, you need very limited baking experience before you can start a Home Bakery.

When I baked brownies for example in university, we had to raise money for charity. Baking treats was my go-to when I had to raise money for ANYTHING.

Sure, the brownies that I baked back then weren’t perfect, but they were still VERY delicious!

The brownie recipe I’m using now I’ve been tweaking and tweaking through the thousands of times I’ve made these brownies. But it doesn’t mean those first brownies were bad. They were still pretty darn tasty!

If your baking TASTES good then you’re good to go. You’re ready. It just has to TASTE delicious. It doesn’t have to be perfect.

Your baking doesn’t need to be the “most mind-blowing goods” you’ve ever had in your life or whatever. That’s not necessary. It just has to taste good and then you are ready.

Because baking experience, confidence and knowledge are things that you can LEARN. You can learn them on the go. You don’t need to have it “all figured out” before you’re ready to start a home bakery business.

 

2. “I need to have a spacious kitchen and fancy appliances before I can start.

I’m going to give it to you straight. This is a total LIE. A complete and total LIE.

We see spacious kitchens and fancy appliances on social media ALL the time, right?

We see bakers with these fancy KitchenAid mixers – some even have like three of them! We see bakers with like twenty spatulas and a massive commercial oven.

The BIG mistake we then make is to assume that we’d need all that fancy kitchen gear TOO before we can start a home bakery. But it’s so NOT true.

I started my side-hustle home bakery while I was working as an architectural technologist. I had a tiny salary and a heap of student debt, so there was NO WAY I could buy fancy appliances!

Back then I was living in a student house and the oven in the kitchen was unfortunately broken.

So, I would drive to my boyfriend’s (now husband) house to make my bakes there. After everything was baked, I drove back home and finished my bakes there – slicing brownies, frosting cupcakes, packaging everything.

Here’s the honest truth; I know life often doesn’t feel fair and it feels like other home bakers have it easier than you… But where there’s a will, there’s a way. You can MAKE this work.

If you don’t have a lot of space in your kitchen, that’s fine too!

After my first year of baking on the side, we got married. Then I decided to scale my side-hustle home bakery into a full-time one. For the first year and a half of full-time baking we lived in a tiny one-bedroom apartment and the kitchen was three square meters. I kid you not. Here’s a photo of our little kitchen.

I had two little counter tops and the oven in the middle and that was it. That was my entire kitchen.

In that tiny, 3 square meter kitchen I baked full-time for a year and a half! So, I repeat; you can MAKE it work.

Whatever your kitchen setup looks like, you can make it work. And if it seriously can’t work in your kitchen then ask a friend or family if you can bake in their kitchen once a week.

You don’t need a spacious kitchen to start a home bakery.

In my tiny kitchen I even baked for a massive event called the Good Food and Wine Show. In that tiny space I baked 1000 treats in four days. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

You don’t need heaps of resources to be successful. Success isn’t reserved for people who have an “easy life” or bottomless resources. Success goes to the people who use effective business strategies, are determined and work with what they have.

That’s what it takes to be successful.

So, whatever your situation is right now, you can make it work. Don’t let your kitchen size or lack of fancy appliances hold you back or determine whether you’re ready or not.

Your resources (or lack thereof) are NOT a sign of your ready-ness at all.

 

3. “I need to create my own recipes & they need to be perfect before I’m ready.

I already covered this a little bit in point number 1.

The very first brownies I made and sold weren’t perfect at all, but they still tasted really good! They weren’t the “ultimate chocolate brownies” that I bake now, but they were still pretty darn tasty.

Your baking does NOT have to be perfect before you’re ready to start a home bakery.

No-one is going to ask for your baking qualification or whatever. No-one cares. If it tastes good then people will buy from you. Your recipes don’t need to be perfect. Your baking just needs to taste good.

There are loads of amazing recipes online. You don’t need to develop your own recipes before you can sell your baked goods!

You can just find a delicious recipe online from Baker by Nature, Cleobuttera, Sally’s Baking Addiction, Brown-Eyed Baker or whoever else has a recipe with a high star-rating.

There are so many amazing baking blogs out there with stunning recipes. Always look at the star rating of the recipe and then make them. Make them, follow the recipe to the T and then taste it, if it tastes great then start selling them.

This is not a copyright infringement at all. If you started a blog and you copy their recipe and claim that it’s your own, that’s not okay. That would be illegal.

But, you may bake whatever recipes you find online and sell them. That’s totally okay and legal.

Of course, if you post that bake on social media it’s just good manners to tag the recipe’s creator in your caption. Please always do that.

 

4. “I’ll feel ready (not scared) when I’m ready to start a home bakery business or when it’s time for me to start one.

This is so not the case.

You see, our brains are very interesting things. Have you watched The Croods? It is such a great example!

It’s about this family of cave people and the father has this rule in their household that anything new is BAD. He’s so set on this rule that anything new is BAD because that’s how their family has survived for years and years. NOT avoiding new things is the reason why all their neighbours have died.

This is exactly the way many home bakers approach something like starting a home bakery!

Your brain will ALWAYS make you scared of things that are NEW.

Fear is NOT a sign that you’re not supposed to start a Home Bakery.

Fear is NOT a sign that you’re not ready. It’s just a sign that you’re HUMAN, that’s all. Don’t let the feeling of nervousness and fear make you assume that you’re not ready to start a home bakery.

 

Now that we’ve discussed how NOT to judge your ready-ness, let’s go over the ACTUAL signs that you’re ready to start a home bakery.

The 3 Signs that You’re READY to Start a Home Bakery Business:

1. You’re not looking for a “get-rich-quick shortcut” but you actually LOVE baking.

During Covid-19 people’s eyes have been opened to the benefits of a home bakery business.

You get to be at home – which is mandatory during quarantine and lockdown. You get to make money from the comfort of your own home and you’re able to be there for your family.

There are so many benefits to a home bakery business.

And now during Covid-19 I’ve received so many e-mails from people saying; “my wife and I are at home and we realize we have this time, let’s start a baking business!”

That’s great and all but you need to realize that if you’re going to start a home bakery you’re going to be baking – A LOT.

If you don’t love baking, you’re going to have a very tough time having a BAKING business! A home bakery is not a get-rich-quick scheme. It’s not a shortcut to quickly make money.

You’re going to have to grow. You are going to learn how to be a business owner.

In the beginning you’ll be baking after hours as you build up a side-hustle home bakery. Are you willing to make that commitment?

And then, when you’re baking full-time, you’re going to be baking about four to five days per week. Every week. Do you love baking enough to do it five days per week?

If you do, then that’s GREAT! Then you’re ready to start a Home Bakery.

If you only want to make a heap of money quickly then a home bakery business is not right for you. But, if you want to make an income AND the idea of baking on a very regular basis excites you, then you’re ready for a home bakery.

You LOVE baking and the idea of starting a baking business from home has been lingering in the back of your mind... But how can you know if you're really READY to Start a Home Bakery? If you've been doubting whether you're prepared enough, skilled enough, talented enough, experienced enough, etc. This post is for YOU! #baking #homebaking #homebakery #cakebusiness #homebusiness

2. You’re open to learning new things for the rest of your life.

Being open to learning new things is VITAL for the success of a home bakery business.

It’s fine if you feel like you don’t know enough. It is fine if you don’t have enough experience and knowledge right now and you don’t feel confident in your knowledge, that’s fine.

It’s only a problem if you don’t want to learn new skills or grow them.

Because learning new skills and growing them is the ONLY way you’re going to become a successful business owner.

A] You’re going to need to grow as a person.

Here’s a quote from small business expert Michael E Gerber (from his book The E-Myth Revisited): “Your small business will always be nothing more than a distinct reflection of who you are.”

Here’s what he’s saying: YOU are the center of your baking business. YOU are the person making all the decisions. And therefor your business will magnify YOUR weaknesses and strengths.

Every single business decision will be made in your mind. You are the person that makes those decisions.

So, if you’re very un-confident and insecure and doubt yourself then that’s going to come out in your baking business. It’s inevitable. It just happens.

I saw that in my own business and that’s why I had to grow so much as a person.

But once again, if you’re just OPEN to learning and growing and changing, then you are going to be totally fine. Then you’re ready to start a home bakery.

 

B] You’re also going to need to grow as a business owner.

School was a wonderful thing, I’m very grateful to have gone to school.

But you need to understand that school was created during the Industrial Revolution. It was a different time. School was intentionally designed to produce docile factory employees – someone that works for a boss.

The way you think, the way you function, the way you make decisions; ALL of it was shaped by the traditional schooling system.

Right now, you’re functioning like an employee that works for someone else. It’s not your fault. It’s not a bad thing. It’s just what school trained you for. That’s a fact.

But now that you want to become a successful business owner, you’re going to need to learn how to become an ENTREPRENEUR. That’s a totally different ball game.

The Employee mindsets, employee beliefs, employee ways of doing things (which you were taught in school) do not work when you’re trying to become an entrepreneur. Employee-thinking won’t help you when you want to become a successful business owner.

But once again, you just need to be OPEN to learning about entrepreneurship.

You just need to be open to learning new entrepreneurial skills and how to think like an entrepreneur, how to act like an entrepreneur.

Great news is that ANYONE who is open can learn how to be an entrepreneur!

It’s not something that you’re “born with” or not.

Anyone who is open can learn entrepreneurship skills. They are very simple. They are very straightforward and they can be taught. It can be learned.

You just need to be open and willing to learn; then you are ready.

 

3. You don’t have it all figured out. You’re scared but you’re ALSO excited!

I want you to imagine something for a moment. Picture yourself with a thriving home bakery. You are fully booked for this week and next week in advance.

You are baking full-time. You’re baking about four to five days per week.

Now, I want to ask you; does that thought make you feel tired and overwhelmed? OR does it make you feel nervous, but ALSO giddy and excited?

That’s how you know you’re ready to start a home bakery! If the thought is scary but it ALSO excites you.

In summary; what makes you ready is NOT the knowledge and experience you have. It’s NOT about feeling ready. It’s not about having a massive kitchen with fancy appliances.

None of those are signs that you are ready.

THE SIGNS THAT YOU’RE READY TO START A HOME BAKERY ARE:

  1. You’re in love with baking,
  2. You’re open to learning new skills and
  3. The thought of a home bakery makes you feel nervous and scared, but ALSO very excited.

 

I’m READY! What do I do Next??

And now, if you’ve just realized you ARE ready to start a Home Bakery Business, I’d love to show you HOW to do it 😊 Yay!

Remember how I told you need to learn how to think & act like an entrepreneur – not an employee?

Well, here’s an entrepreneurship TRUTH you need to know: Home Bakery success doesn’t happen by accident or luck or talent alone. Success happens with STRATEGY.

Even if you’re on of the best bakers in your town/city, you’ll still need to grow beyond being a baker and LEARN how to become an ENTREPRENEUR.

Because a successful baking business is 30% great baking and 70% great Business Strategy. That’s explains why commercial bakeries are so successful. Their baking doesn’t taste as good as yours, but their business strategy is on point!

RELATED: The 4 Essentials of Home Bakery Marketing.

Imagine how far you could go if you had the business skills to MATCH your delicious baking!

Here’s how to get consistent sales every week:

Learn about ENTREPRENEURSHIP and learn about how CLIENTS THINK before they buy (in other words, learn about Marketing). Invest in a proven STRATEGY to get clients & sales every week.

If you want to start a home bakery that gets consistent sales every week; you need a proven STRATEGY to get you there.

If you’re keen to start a Home Bakery Business on the side, I invite you to check out the Side Hustle Baker course. In the course you’ll get my step-by-step STRATEGY for starting your Home Bakery and getting consistent, weekly sales!

>> You’ll also get a free Masterclass on Entrepreneurship,
>> a free class on photographing your bakes,
>> a free Facebook support group
>> AND a free masterclass on how to make delicious decorations for your baked goods to give them more finesse & value.

And if you can’t invest in a course right now, join my Free Resource Library to get the free templates, guides, cheat-sheets you need to help you start your Home Bakery!

You can also check out my favourite entrepreneurship & business books. These books helped me to go from losing 70% of my income to being fully booked for 3 months in advance! Books are BY FAR the cheapest way to grow your Home Bakery Business.

That’s it for today’s post!

Chat soon 😊

Aurelia

Got a question? Something to add? Let’s chat in the comments section down below! (I respond to every single comment) 🙂

The 4 Essentials of Home Bakery Marketing

The 4 Essentials of Home Bakery Marketing

The 4 Essentials of Home Bakery Marketing

“Home Bakery Marketing” sure doesn’t get your heart racing as much as the thought of trying out a new recipe, right? You’re so not alone!

But if you’re here reading this post it means you’ve probably realized there’s MORE to a successful Home Bakery than JUST the BAKING part.

“Bake great treats and advertise them.” That’s what I thought I had to do to get more Home Bakery Clients and sales. Maybe this is your approach right now?

This strategy may have worked in the 80’s, but honestly it’s just not enough anymore!

I’m sure you’ve been experiencing this reality first hand and that’s why you’re here looking for answers.

Down that path the inevitable happens…

We bake our hearts out and spend hours hunting for better & better recipes.

You post your baking on social media and you feel so proud and hopeful!
But then you get crickets and no one orders anything…

And it hurts! Because no matter how hard we try; we just DON’T get more clients and sales.

Here’s the big secret my friend…

The best products don’t get the most sales. The best MARKETING gets the most sales! I always tell my Home Bakery Students a successful Home Bakery is 30% great baking and 70% great BUSINESS STRATEGY.

That explains why bakeries with average quality baking often get MOST of the sales! Sure, their baking doesn’t taste as great as yours, but they’re ACING that 70% Business Strategy – and that’s why they’re getting sales consistently, without fail.

If you’re serious about making a profit, you can’t afford to NOT learn about business & marketing.

The GREAT news is that ANYONE can learn marketing! It’s not something you’re “born with” or not.

If you’re open to learning you can also become a marketing ninja!

Before I dive in, I just have to tell you that you’re amazing and I’ve got HEAPS of hope for your home baking career!

Not many home bakers realize that the success of their Home Bakery completely DEPENDS on their Marketing Strategy.

The fact that you’re here reading this post tells me you think differently about your baking business. It tells me you’ve got what it takes to make your baking dreams a reality.

So, congrats on being awesome and being so dedicated to your success!

Here are the 4 essential Home Bakery Marketing Tips you need to know…

 

1. Marketing is About STRATEGY, Not “Quick-Fix-Tips”

The most important thing you need to know right off the bat is that Marketing isn’t about a few quick tips. There’s no silver bullet that will “fix everything” and suddenly get you hundreds of home bakery clients.

Is there ONE ingredient in a super delicious bake?

Is there ONE step in the method?

Nope.

Struggling to get consistent Home Bakery clients & sales? You bake your heart out and know for a fact you've got great bakes, so WHY aren't people buying? Truth is, if you're struggling to get sales, you've got a MARKETING problem. In this post you'll learn the 4 Essentials of REAL Home Bakery Marketing that every home bakery business owner needs to know. This is your marketing survival kit! #baking #homebaking #homebakery #bakingbusiness

Some recipes have over 30 ingredients and 40 method steps in them.

In the same way, effective home bakery marketing doesn’t have just one ingredient or one method-step in it.

When a baking business succeeds it’s because there are lots of elements working together in harmony. Just like with the best recipes.

Effective Marketing is about many things working together to create a powerful result. That’s what “strategy” is all about.

So, IF you’ve been hoping for shortcuts, silver bullets, quick tips etc. that will get you hundreds of clients in 1 month, I encourage you to let that expectation go. Save yourself the frustration and disappointment!

>> Don’t look for “quick fixes”. Those might get you 1 or 2 sales this week, but next week you’ll be stuck hunting for clients again. Lasting results require effort and, most importantly, CHANGE.

Through my own painful, frustrating experiences I’ve found that when we look for quick fixes, we’re really just avoiding our own growth – and success.

If you want a home bakery that gets consistent sales every week; pursue LEARNING & GROWING. The more you truly learn and grow, the more your business will grow.

MANY home bakers don’t want to learn & grow. They just want to BAKE. I totally understand that because I felt the exact same way for YEARS! I didn’t want to know anything about business or marketing at all.

But the bakers who don’t want to learn and grow are the ones who eventually need to close their baking businesses and return to a desk job.

If you want DIFFERENT results, you’ll need to CHANGE the way you do things.

Here’s the biggest thing I wish I knew when I started my home bakery:

The day you decided to start SELLING your bakes, you signed up to become MORE than just a baker. In that moment you signed up to become a BUSINESS OWNER & ENTREPRENEUR.

And if you want more clients & sales you’ll need to be as devoted (actually even more) to developing your business skills as you are in developing your baking skills.

Marketing is almost like learning a new language. It’s not a few “quick tips”.

REAL Marketing is a whole NEW way of approaching your entire business. Marketing will make you re-evaluate your baking, your business, your clients and everything in between.

And if you’re worried that I’m going to tell you to pour thousands into advertising, don’t be 😊

Paid advertising is not how I roll – just ask my course students. If a business needs to pay for advertising, it never made the effort to understand PROPER marketing.

Great news is; you can totally create a sold-out home bakery without ever paying for advertising! I’ve done it and so have my students. And YOU can do it too!

 

2. Understand the Difference Between Marketing and Advertising

Marketing is ALL about learning how to make strangers see & understand that YOUR baked goods are exactly what they’ve been looking for.

Bakers tend to view business in a very outdated way. I did too at first!

They believe that there are 2 things you need to do to build a successful Home Bakery Business; bake great treats and advertise them. But since there are so many bakers to choose from, this strategy simply doesn’t work anymore.

Pretty much everyone has great quality products, so why would clients choose YOU over another baker?

Don’t get me wrong; it’s great that you’re devoted to creating high quality bakes! I’m simply saying that this isn’t enough anymore because PLENTY of bakers are devoted to quality.

I’m sure you’ve been experiencing this reality first hand and that’s why you’re here looking for answers.

We believe we just need to “bake great treats and advertise them” but no matter how hard we try, we just DON’T get more clients and sales.

It sucks!

And we start assuming that the reason why it’s not working is because we:

A] Aren’t “good enough” bakers or
B] Aren’t spending enough money on advertising.

This is TOTAL GARBAGE my friend. You’re a victim of totally outdated information!

 

First of all, I want to tell you that businesses don’t struggle because their products aren’t good enough. They also don’t struggle because they don’t advertise enough. And they definitely don’t struggle because they don’t spend “enough money” on advertising.

Want to hear a shocking fact?

For 4 whole years I didn’t need to spend a single cent on advertising and my Home Bakery was fully booked every month! And it’s all because of this ONE thing – Effective Marketing.

Truth is that if you’re not getting consistent clients & sales you’ve got a MARKETING problem. NOT an advertising problem.

Advertising and marketing are NOT the same thing.

Here’s the difference between Advertising and Marketing:

Marketing is about all the things you do to ATTRACT people to your business.

When you understand marketing and apply it effectively to your business, you’re essentially turning your biz into a high-intensity MAGNET that attracts your ideal clients to you on autopilot.

Your clients then come looking for YOU, instead of you trying to hunt them down.

Advertising on the other hand is like deep sea fishing… You go OUT and hope to find clients. It’s stressful. It’s risky. And most of all it gets expensive very fast! I’m sure you’ve felt that with your advertising efforts!

The honest truth: My Home Bakery has been fully booked 98% of the time (sometimes for 3 months in advance) with ZERO advertising.

When I started out in 2013 I DID TRY advertising and I didn’t get any business from it whatsoever! But investing my time in learning about MARKETING has made all the difference in my business.

Your home baking tastes great, you're posting on social media, but for some reason you're just not getting clients & sales in your home bakery! It's frustrating and it hurts. I understand, because I've also been there. But there's hope my friend! Truth is that if you’re not getting clients in your baking business, you’ve got a MARKETING problem. NOT a baking problem. Good news is that ANYONE can learn effective Home Bakery Marketing! This post is the perfect place to start... #baking #homebakery #homebaking #baking business

 

3. The FOUNDATION of Proper Home Bakery Marketing

For the first 5 years in my Home Bakery Business I always positioned my Home Bakery to “impress people”. I thought that’s what you need to do to get people’s attention. You need to IMPRESS them.

Impress them with your baking, your long list of ethically sourced ingredients, your fancy logo, with your social media.

If you WOW them the most, they’ll choose you over another baker, right?

Maybe you feel that way right now in your business?

The socking fact is that people DON’T buy because they’re impressed! They buy when they clearly (and quickly) see that you UNDERSTAND their problems and can help them to overcome those problems.

Here’s the most shocking truth of why businesses fail: They position themselves as the hero of the story. They make the story all about them and how amazing their business is.

But meanwhile all clients are only interested in ONE story – their OWN story! Not yours.

Here’s a practical example:

We all tend to think WE are Daniel LaRusso at the end of the Karate Kid movie.

On our social media and websites we parade around with our trophy trying to show people “Look! My home bakery it legit! Look at the delicious things I make! Look at the list of organic ingredients I use! Come over here and read my life story that’s all about me!”

I did this too. It’s how we all start out and there’s no shame in that because it’s what we see so many other businesses do so we assume we need to do the same.

But if you want your Home Bakery Business to GROW, you’re going to need to start to approach your business’ story DIFFERENTLY.

Truth is, my dear friend, we are NOT the hero of the story.

YOUR CLIENT is the hero.

Your business’ story is about guiding your client to success.

You’re Mr Miyagi!! You are the GUIDE, not the hero.

A successful business is the one guiding Daniel (your client) and helping him to overcome his problems and reach success.

When your business is all about YOU, it won’t attract new clients.

But when your business starts to revolve around your clients’ success, they start flocking to you automatically!

So, spend less time talking about yourself and all the “did you know” facts about your business. Start talking about your customers’ problems and how you can help to solve their problems.

When you talk about the problems they’re ALREADY thinking about, you start breaking through the noise. When you empathize with their problems and present a solution, you suddenly start becoming USEFUL to them.

People don’t buy products or services; they buy SOLUTIONS to their PROBLEMS.

So, spend some time to really think about this. Write down any and all problems your ideal client faces in their day. Then work those words into your social media posts, your website, etc.

If you want to learn more about marketing, then check out the books that have transformed my home bakery >> 7 Books every home bakery owner needs to read

 

4. Be a HUMAN, Not a Robotic Business

As I’ve said earlier, I always assumed that people buy when they’re impressed by a business and their products.

But I was wrong!

Do yourself a favour and memorize this line right now: People buy from people they know, like and trust.

Meaning, people are WAY more likely buy from people they can relate to and connect with. We’re relational beings. Acknowledge your own and your clients’ humanity.

Here are 2 ways you can do that:

A] Speak in the first person. Don’t say “we”, “us” and “our” on your website & social media if you’re just ONE person running the show. Be honest. Be REAL.

Speak to your clients & followers in a human-to-human way. Don’t talk to them like a cold, huge, robotic corporation. This is HOME baking, not the military.

B] And show your FACE!

I’m forever grateful to Instagram Expert Carla Biesinger for stretching me outside my comfort zone on this one!

For the first 2 years in my Home Bakery I was so shy. I NEVER showed my face anywhere on Instagram.

This was such a big mistake!

I know it’s difficult, but I urge you to be bold and SHOW YOUR FACE on Insta! Use a photo of yourself as your profile photo.

And use your first name in your profile!

The fact that you, a real person, is baking everything they see is a MAJOR asset to your business! Don’t hide the fact that YOU are the baker.

That’s it for this post! Do you want more tips like this? Then you’ll LOVE:

>> This blog post – How to Get More Exposure & Promote Your Home Bakery.
>> My Free Guide “3 Ways to Make Your Home Bakery STAND OUT” (Sign up for the Free Resource Library to download your free copy of this guide today!)

Let’s get you those Home Bakery sales you’re working so hard for.

I’ll see you in the Library!

Aurelia

Got a question? Something to add? Let’s chat in the comments section down below! (I respond to every single comment) 🙂

6 Reasons Why Home Bakeries Should NOT Bake Wedding Cakes

6 Reasons Why Home Bakeries Should NOT Bake Wedding Cakes

6 Reasons Why Home Bakeries Should NOT Bake Wedding Cakes

Did I hit a nerve with this post title?

Honestly, if some blogger told me 4 years ago that I should NOT be baking wedding cakes, I would have slapped them.

I completely understand this because, more often than not, wedding cakes are the MAIN source of income for bakers, right? So HOW will your baking business survive if you don’t bake wedding cakes?!

Maybe wedding cakes have been YOUR Home Bakery’s main source of income up until now…

The idea of being a full-time baker and never baking wedding cakes IS quite absurd to most home bakers. Probably because clients pay hundreds (and sometimes thousands) for wedding cakes. Who DOESN’T want a piece of that action?!

Wedding cakes are typically quite huge, need to feed lots of people and require extensive decor which you can charge extra for – so what’s NOT to love?

 

I did bake wedding cakes (among other things) during the first 3 years I baked from home.

Although I was stressing my face off, they did work out and every client was happy!

But over time I’ve realized that although the wedding cake scene might be exciting and prestigious, it is (shockingly) NOT the most practical or profitable source of income for a home baking business.

And after reading this post you’ll understand WHY.

I know this is completely going against everything you’ve SEEN in the baking world. It’s hard to even THINK about considering an alternative approach than wedding cakes.

But if you’ve regularly been worrying about where your next customer is going to come from, this post is totally going to help you understand WHY you’re struggling to get consistent clients.

So please read this with an open mind. You owe it to yourself to at least check this out if your current Home Bakery approach hasn’t been getting you consistent sales.

This post is here to HELP you reach success in your Home Bakery business!

Here are the 6 Reasons why Home Bakeries should NOT bake wedding cakes.

The wedding cake scene is exciting & prestigious, BUT it's (shockingly) NOT the most profitable source of income for a home baking business! I know this is completely going against everything you’ve SEEN in the baking world. But if you’ve regularly been worrying about where your next customer is going to come from, this post is totally going to help you understand WHY you’re struggling to get consistent clients in your Home Bakery Business! #baking #cakebusiness #homebaking #bakingbusiness

 

1. Weddings Are ONCE Off, Not Ongoing

When I first considered baking part time, I had a short interview with an acquaintance of mine to learn more about the whole home baking scene.

I’d been to multiple weddings that she’d baked for.

She bakes SUPER delicious cakes…

Her baking is honestly some of the most delicious baking I’ve EVER had. My mouth is watering just thinking about the flavours and textures of her bakes!

And on top of that she’s phenomenally creative! Her cakes and cupcakes are works of ART. Every design is totally unique and leaves everyone in awe.

Here’s the thing though; over her 6 years of baking, she’s only really baked for weddings. And in all that time she hasn’t been able LEAVE her day job and bake full time.

Despite her talent, despite her 6 years of HARD work, despite her TOP NOTCH QUALITY products and great reputation… She still hasn’t been able to make enough money to even bake PART time – never mind FULL time!

Her baking is definitely not the problem.

It’s her NICHE that’s the problem. (A niche means that you specialize in solving a very specific problem for a specific type of customer).

👉 Follow this link to join my Free Resource Library and get the >> FREE GUIDE: How to Find the Perfect Niche for Your Home Bakery.

I’ve found that people who order wedding cakes are unfortunately ONCE off buyers 98% of the time. And they know it! They know they’re only ordering for their wedding and will never order from you again.

They’re not the home-baked-goods type of people. They’re just getting a cake for the tradition and novelty of it.

These couples buy a cake from you once and then you’ll never see them again.

No matter how delicious and beautiful your cake was – 98% of the time you just won’t hear from them again. Remember that they are not actually your ideal clients. Your ideal clients are people who are regular cake buyers.

And even if the wedding couple are regular-baked-goods-buyers, they will probably label you as their “wedding cake baker” and not their “weekly baker”.

For a Home Bakery to be successful you need CONSISTENT, super regular business and the wedding cake niche cannot provide that for you.

Your baked goods probably aren’t the reason you’ve been struggling to get a consistent income.

🌟 Your NICHE determines the consistency of your sales.

On the other hand; investing your energy and care in baking for handpicked restaurants, coffee shops, delis and direct loyal clients is super sustainable.

They guarantee consistent, long term business and will keep your home bakery operating FULL TIME for as long as YOU choose! It’s AWESOME!

 

2. Super High Stakes

Wedding cakes are usually quite colossal, right?

I remember I only wanted to stick to baking cupcakes when I first started my home bakery. Mostly because the thought of dropping a regular 8-inch cake was already too stressful for me to handle!

Eventually I was able to gather some courage and started baking 9-inch cakes. These cakes are now the financial backbone of my home bakery and I’m very grateful that I haven’t dropped one yet!

But with wedding cakes there is SO MUCH at stake if something goes wrong!

Do you remember that episode in Cake Boss where they made a cake for this girl called Lexi? Due to some poor communication between 2 of the guys, they accidentally dropped the ginormous 4 tier cake down the stairs… 😱

 

This cake had taken the team DAYS to bake and now they were forced to recreate it in just 1 and a half hours!! NO THANKS!!

Fortunately, they are a huge bakery and always have extra sponge cake on standby, so they could make it happen.

But in our Home Bakeries we don’t have the time, money or physical space to always have extra cake lying around for “in case” we drop a cake!

Home bakers also typically work alone. This means we definitely don’t have a team of 6 bakers and decorators who can all jump in and make a cake happen in 1 and a half hours.

And always remember that wedding dates and times are SET IN STONE. This means you can’t ask the client for even a tiny extension.

So, in a nutshell: With wedding cakes the stakes (and therefor the stress) is SO MUCH HIGHER and if something goes wrong, it WILL be the end of the world.

 

3. Brides Can Be… Challenging

Dear oh dear… Business in and of itself is already challenging. Doing business with a stressed, tired, high-strung bride is seriously not for everyone.

Yes, you charge them for their cake and the time it will take you to create it.

But what you WON’T be charging for is the HOURS of texting back and forth that she should not worry. “YES (for the fifth time) the cake will turn out just fine and yes I did take notes (detailed, to the letter) of all the details you want.”

No matter how clearly and sincerely you explain that you’ve got it under control, they WILL text you again in 2 weeks to chat through all the same things – again.

They are just tired and stressed out. Unfortunately you might need to be at the receiving end of that a few times with a lot of grace and patience… and free time you’re not being paid for.

I’ve personally dealt with a bride that kept phoning and texting for the entire 6 months leading up to their wedding. All in all, the extra communication took about 4 HOURS. I didn’t get to charge a penny for all that time and effort – and neither will you.

And when you don’t get paid for all those work hours you end up making a loss.

 

4. Always More Money & More Time

Wedding Cakes are often like… very large building projects (Forgive my architecture half for kicking in).

My husband and I have been talking quite extensively about his architecture office. They have these super rich clients that often use the architectural services of my husband’s office.

Because their project is so vast, it’s difficult to take account of absolutely every little detail and cost right at the very beginning when payment is calculated and made.

The clients also keep changing their minds every week about what they want – even after building materials have been ordered!

This results in unforeseen extra work and costs which the clients never end up paying for.

The architecture company always ends up absorbing all the extra costs. They do it because they want the high paying client to be happy. They also don’t want to get a bad reputation for “not caring” or putting out a sub-standard building.

Brides are exactly the same.

ALL brides (myself included) expect everything to be PERFECT for their once-in-a-lifetime event. They want the entire day to match the ideal they’ve been dreaming of for decades.

So, it often happens that they see a new detail (after they’ve paid for a different cake) on Instagram or Pinterest or Instagram that they now want to add to their cake.

This means that there will always be extra things the bride wants to add or remove from the cake – often last minute when it’s too late or trivial to charge for it.

The “magic of a wedding day” can become this cause that will manipulate you into going above and beyond what was agreed upon and not getting paid extra for it.

If someone told me 4 years ago that I should STOP baking wedding cakes in my Home Bakery Business, I would've SLAPPED them! I know this is completely going against everything you’ve SEEN in the baking world. But if you’ve regularly been worrying about where your next customer is going to come from, this post is totally going to help you understand WHY you’re struggling to get consistent clients in your Home Bakery Business! #baking #cakebusiness #homebaking #bakingbusiness

 

5. Constant Search for NEW Clients

The general intention is to only get married once. One marriage, one wedding, one client couple, one order, ONE cake. Even if the cake is huge, it is ultimately still only ONE cake.

As I mentioned earlier, wedding cake couples will unfortunately label you as their “wedding cake baker” and not their “weekly baker”. This means they will order from you once for their wedding and then never again.

If your home bakery relies on wedding cakes, you will need to spend SO much time, energy and money to find and reel in more ONCE OFF wedding cake clients.

If you live in a large city where loads of young people keep pouring in, getting new wedding cake clients will be less difficult, but if you live in a small town – forget it!

But even if you’re in a large city, you’ll NEVER be able to compete with the large, popular bakeries. They’ve got an advertising budget that’s literally 100 times what you’ve got.

They’ve got the resources and reputation to intercept all the new brides and to keep you invisible. You just can’t swim with these large sharks in the tiny wedding cake pond.

This whole process is super tiresome and unsustainable.

I’d much rather invest my limited resources and energy into securing sources that provide multiple, sustainable orders – like LOYAL clients, restaurants and coffee shops.

With the right strategies you can create a stable income for your Home Bakery WITHOUT ever paying a penny for advertising!

I haven’t paid for advertising at all in like 4 years – and yet my home bakery has been fully booked for 4 years.

If you want my strategies for getting wholesale deals and building up a loyal client base, check out my course >> Home Bakery Startup. It opens for enrollment twice a year and it might be open now while you’re reading this!

 

6. Creative Restriction

Brides always have a VERY SPECIFIC idea of what they want their cake to look like. They are usually more than ready to show you their Pinterest Board for wedding cakes.

Wedding cakes are, for the most, part super prescriptive. Meaning, the BRIDES decide what you’re baking and you’ve got no say in it.

Although it does help when a client provides you some direction with a design, they’ll unfortunately (probably) not ask you to use your own intuition or creativity.

If you’re well known for your wedding cakes and are labelled as a unique wedding cake artist, then they might consider your opinion. But still, probably not.

All bakers are generally creative people and this restriction can lead to mounds of frustration & exhaustion from constraining yourself. It can even result some conflict with the bride when you take the “risk” of having a different idea to hers.

And if the bride is a friend or family member it can become very difficult to protect the relationship.

 

Collectively, these 6 reasons have been MORE THAN ENOUGH to convince me to stop baking wedding cakes for ever. And I hope they’ve given you some perspective too!

I’m less stressed, happier, my business is WAY MORE successful and I have more creative freedom.

It’s worked brilliantly to rather DEFINE MY OWN NICHE. My niche isn’t dominated by large, prestigious bakeries. Finding my own niche is how I was able to start a FULL TIME Home Bakery Business. And YOU can do it too!

Would you like to find your own niche too??

👉 Follow this link to join my Free Resource Library and get the >> FREE GUIDE: How to Find the Perfect Niche for Your Home Bakery.

What’s your stance on baking wedding cakes? I’d love to hear what you think, so comment below!

Chat soon

Aurelia 😊

Got a question? Something to add? Let’s chat in the comments section down below! (I respond to every single comment) 🙂